907 g/ 32 oz peeled, grated sweet potatoes (organic)
113 g/ 4 oz cup extra virgin olive oil
5 g/ 1 tsp almond extract
227 g/ 8 oz packed brown sugar
453 g/ 16 oz all-purpose flour
10 g/ 2 tsp baking powder
5 g/ 1 tsp ground cinnamon
5 g/ 1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
2.5 g / 1/2 tsp cloves
2.5 g/ 1/2 tsp ginger
2.5 g/ 1/2 tsp turmeric
2.5 g/ 1/2 teaspoon salt
113 g/ 4 oz raisins
Mini muffin baking pans (recipe makes approximately 40)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grate sweet potatoes in a large bowl.
- Grease individual tins with butter or EVOO
For the muffins:
- In a small bowl whisk together brown sugar, oil, almond extract and eggs.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, turmeric), salt, and grated sweet potatoes.
- Make a well in the center, and pour in the egg mixture.
- Carefully incorporate both your wet and dry contents.
- Add the raisins and mix well.
- Spoon the batter into the tins, filling each to the rim.
- Bake the muffins for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Remove muffins from the oven.
- If necessary, separate the muffins from their tins by gently running a knife around the edges.
- Turn the pan over and carefully shake them loose.
Serving Suggestions: Depending on your mood, you can savor this muffin warm, plain and simple, perhaps with a dab of butter, or at room temperature. Whatever you decide, enjoy!
PS. This muffin is a hit with the kiddies (so long as they like raisins and can manage to chew them :-). If that’s not the case, exclude them from the recipe or enjoy on their behalf)!