For the Story: The Day After…
For the Salad:
113 g/ 4 oz wild caught smoked salmon
1 fennel bulb (large- thinly sliced)
1 avocado (pitted, thinly sliced)
For the Pomegranate Vinaigrette:
57 g/ 2 0z extra virgin olive oil
57 g/ 2 0z pomegranate vinegar
1 shallot (small- finely grated)
10 g/ 2 tsp honey
1.2 g/ 1/4 tsp dried oregano
2 fresh basil leaves
pinch of salt
- Clean the fennel, thinly slice and set aside
- Finely grate a small shallot and set aside.
- Rough chop fresh basil and set aside
- In a separate plate, roll pieces of thin salmon into rose like shapes. Refrigerate for later use.
Making the dressing:
- In a bowl pour pomegranate vinegar.
- Add grated shallot, fresh basil, dried oregano, honey and salt.
- Stir well and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Then, whisky in the extra virgin olive oil slowly.
- Adjust the seasonings, if so desired.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Making the Fennel Salad:
- Place sliced fennel in a large bowl
- Stir refrigerated vinaigrette
- Then pour 2/3 of it into bowl with fennel and mix well. (Put remainder aside for drizzling)
- In a separate plate, slice avocado into thin slices
- Place rolled salmon at 1 o’clock
- Plate avocado slices at 11 o’clock
- Place seasoned fennel salad at 6 o’clock
- Lightly drizzle all contents of plate with remaining vinaigrette.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!