For the story: Get Nuts or Go Nuts!
Baked Oatmeal Bars with Dark Chocolate and Mixed Nuts
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (5 /5)
- (2 Rating)
- 907 g/ 32 oz oatmeal
- 453 g/ 16 oz mixed nuts (equal parts almonds and macadamia nuts)
- 453 g/ 16 oz dried cranberries
- 397 g/ 14 oz dark chocolate morsels
- 57 g/ 2 oz chia seeds
- 60 g/ 4 tbsp cinnamon
- 15 g/ 1 tbsp sea salt
- 473 ml/ 16 oz milk
- 4 eggs
- 22 ml/ 1 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 60 g/ 4 tbsp honey
- 1. Preheat the oven at 350 F.
- 2. Line baking pan with parchment paper. Leave roughly 2 inches of parchment along the sides. Once the oatmeal is cooked, you will need the extra paper to safely transfer it onto your work surface for cutting.
- 3. In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients.
- 4. In another large bowl, mix wet ingredients.
- 5. Make a well in the center of your dry ingredients and carefully add wet ingredients. Mix well.
- 6. Spread mixture evenly into the baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- 7. Place tray in the oven and let bake for 40 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- 8. While in the oven, place a large dish towel over your work station.
- 9. Once cooked, gently remove oatmeal slab from tray, by slowly lifting parchment paper from the sides. Place oatmeal sheet on the dish towel.
- 10. Using a pizza cutter or knife, begin to cut squares. (This recipe makes 18 servings using an 11 x 17 pan-- horizontally makes three rows of six bars.
For Founder and Food Blogger, Jo Ann Tartaglia, there is more to food than what we see on our plates. "It not only feeds the body, but nourishes the soul ...Read more about this chef..